Friday, May 21, 2010

Letting it all hang out

Deciding to go public with my artwork was a difficult choice. It was a matter of knowing that I'm express my inner thoughts and soul through my artwork to the world.

The Internet is a wonderful place to be seen. But, it's pretty scary knowing that you can have many people you don't know looking at your work.

I've listened and interacted with people who have viewed my work at a few shows and had wonderful experiences. Some comments were on the edge of "what were you thinking" mentality. Being an artist who reflects and sorts outs her thoughts through various ways is really commentary in many ways. Just like a writer who describes an event, I visually do the same. Either way, it's a form of expression.

Blogging is a new form of expressing myself. What the hell, just let it all hang out.